Prayers of the Faithful
- During National Vocation Awareness Week, we pray for the thousands of parishes in the U.S. that do not have their own priest. May more young men respond to the Church’s need. We pray to the Lord.
- That those who work with youth will walk closely with those who are discerning their vocations. We pray to the Lord.
- For those who struggle to live their vocations, especially married people who are experiencing difficulties. We pray to the Lord.
- For Vocation Directors and seminary personnel, that the Holy Spirit grant them wisdom and prudence as they form our future priests. We pray to the Lord.
- For single people who long for a spouse or who have not discovered their life’s calling, that God gives them guidance, consolation, and peace. We pray to the Lord.
- That priests, sisters, brothers, and deacons will be ambassadors for their vocations by following Christ with faithfulness and joy. We pray to the Lord.
- That young men and women in our parish will seriously consider making vows of poverty, chastity, and obedience in religious life. We pray to the Lord.
- For the priests and religious who have served our parish and have passed from this life, that the Lord grant them eternal happiness. We pray to the Lord.
Vianney Vocations has served over 50 dioceses in its mission to help build a culture of vocations in our Church today. Are you passionate about the same?
Call or email Vianney Vocations to receive their free yearly catalog filled with tools and resources to help others discern God's call.
Vocation Resource Packet
The 2019 Vocation Resource Packet was created to help parishes celebrate Vocation Awareness Week, with a focus on helping families foster vocations. It contains 10 high-quality resources, including the new brochure “A Call to Love” and a creative table tent which helps families discuss vocations at dinner. The packet is an excellent starting point for parishes that want to observe the week in a meaningful way.